Local positions with hyndman
Hyndman operates several Local Fleets in major metro markets – Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, GTA, and Montreal. Mainly intermodal work with some road support. Pay rates vary by region. Contact recruiting today to get pre-qualified for our next available local opportunity in your area!
GTA Local Intermodal
Hyndman Transport is a leading international truckload carrier with a focus on safety, customer service excellence and growth. We have an immediate opportunity for an AZ GTA local driver. View more details below:
- Primarily local container work with occasional road support.
- Shift is Monday-Friday - 0600-0800 daily start time.
- Expect 10-12 hour shifts pending freight volumes.
- Home nightly.
- $18/hr PLUS a comprehensive benefit plan that starts immediately and is company-paid.
- Safety Bonus program.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months experience.
- Container experience is preferred but willing to train.
- Must possess a good driving record and work ethic, as well as have a clean criminal record and great attitude.
- Strong English communication skills are essential - verbal, reading and writing.
Apply online today at drivehyndman.ca or call 1-800-332-0515. Come join our success!
Paid hourly – rates vary by region. Contact recruiting for details.
Bonus Pay Opportunities
Safety Bonus: Locals earn up to $350 per quarter, as per Safety Bonus criteria
Driver Referral Bonus: $1,000 per qualified & hired driver. A great way to supplement your earnings – Ask your recruiter for details!
Clean Inspection Reward: Submit a clean MTO inspection report and receive a bonus!
Vacation time is paid twice per year in June and December as per the following schedule:
• 4% of gross if employed 0-59 months
• 6% of gross if employed 60 months +
• 8% of gross if employed 120 months +
Health Benefits: 80% health & dental, eyeglass, out-of-province medical, and life insurance - all company paid. Benefits start on Day 1 over the road – no waiting time! (You pay LTD only)
Equipment: Well-maintained, safe equipment.
Operations: Satellite communication; assigned Driver Managers; strategically placed terminals across North America to best support you over the road; consistent traffic lanes (less waiting); and very high trailer-to-tractor ratio.
Electronic Logs: Our drivers love it and you will too! We train you well and offer full continued support after orientation. You do not need to know anything about computers to master e-Logs.
Orientation: Paid 2.5-day class. Accommodations, some meals and travel provided for long-distance travelers.
- Valid AZ (Class 1) Driver’s Licence
- Minimum of 6 months verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the last 36 months.
- Current Abstract & CVOR in good standing – no less than 30 days old.
- Current Criminal Record Search – we can assist you with this.
- Valid Medical
- FAST Card preferred or willing to apply for FAST.
- Ability to read, write and speak English in accordance to industry regulations.
- Positive and professional demeanour.