frequently asked questions
What are Hyndman's main lanes?
We go everywhere, but our main lanes are between Southwestern Ontario and Southwestern and Southeastern U.S. NO New York City. International solo drivers average 2,400 – 2,800 miles per week; lifestyle and intra-Canada drivers average 2,300 - 2,500 miles per week; and teams average 5,000 – 5,700 per week.
What are the requirements to be an OTR driver?
- Fast Cards are preferred for Company Drivers, but not required.
- Proof of Border Crossing Documents if you do not have the FAST Card yet (ALL drivers must be eligible to cross the U.S. border)
Where is orientation & will I be paid?
2.5 day orientation is held at our Ayr, ON terminal. Company drivers receive a $150.00 stipend. Travel, in-house accommodations and some meals are provided for long distance travellers.
What is Hyndman's rider policy?
Drivers are allowed to have a rider, call us at (800) 332-0515 for more details.
What are the requirements to become a driver at Hyndman?
- Valid AZ (Class 1) Driver’s License
- 6 months of verifiable, applicable tractor-trailer experience within the past 36 months
- Current Abstract and CVOR in good standing – less than 30 days old
- Current criminal record search in good standing – less than 6 months old
- Current medical certificate
What can I expect from Hyndman's operations?
Our operations are safety-focused. Drivers must be C-TPAT, ACE & FAST certified. We offer satellite communications; and each driver is assigned a driver manager. We have terminals strategically placed across North America. We have consistent traffic lanes; high frequency of inter-plant moves; and the highest frequency of trailers to tractors in the industry (more than 3 trailers per tractor). Drivers are permanently assigned tractors — no slip-seating!
Can't find your answer here? Fill out the form below and we'll reach out to you!