we will invest in you!
Career Fair - Fully Sponsored AZ Training!
Hyndman is excited to announce a series of career fairs to help you find a new career! We've partnered with the Canada-Ontario Job Grant Program to help potential drivers get the AZ (Class 1) training they need to get started with Hyndman!
The upcoming career fairs will be held at our Ayr Terminal (2616 Cedar Creek Rd., Ayr, ON) on the following dates:
- Saturday, Jan. 6 from 10 am to 2 pm
- Thursday, Jan. 11 from 2 pm to 6 pm
- Saturday, Jan. 13 from 10 am to 2 pm
For more details, read our career fair announcement →
Hyndman Driver Experience Building Program
Do you have your AZ(Class 1) but don’t yet have the experience? No problem. The Hyndman Driver Experience Building Program will provide you with a free evaluation to assess your current training needs. We will partner you with a mentor who will work with you to further develop your professional driving skills. At the end of your paid mentorship you will have achieved the skills and confidence necessary to succeed over the road at Hyndman.
Come build your career at Hyndman. Call to reserve your placement today and ask about the $2,000 sign-on bonus!
If you have 0-2 months' experience:
You will spend approximately one week at the Hyndman Training Centre for a skills assessment and personalized training. Training is provided at no cost. Additionally, we offer a $100 daily stipend for this phase of training.
- You will then attend a 2-3 day Driver Orientation. A flat $150 stipend is offered for the orientation period.
- Upon successfully completing Orientation, you will be in Trainee status and be paired with a Trainer (Mentor) for 10,000 miles at a rate of $0.30 per mile. You will now be eligible for Company paid benefits!
- After the 10,000 miles, you will become a regular Company Driver and be seated in your own truck. You will then be paid at our regular Company Driver Rates and be eligible to receive attainable bonuses and pay increases for your continued service.
If you have 3-5 months' experience within the last 3 years (36 months) OR more than 1 year of experience total but none within the last 3 years:
- You will spend approximately 1-2 days at the Hyndman Training Center for a skills assessment and personalized training. Training is provided at no cost. Additionally, we offer a $100 daily stipend for this phase of training.
- You will then attend a 2-3 day paid Driver Orientation. A flat $150 stipend is offered for the orientation period.
- Upon successfully completing Orientation, you will be in Trainee status for a period of 1-2 days under the supervision of a Local Trainer (Mentor). You will be paid $0.30 per mile or $15.00 per hour, to be determined at time of Mentor assignment. You will now be eligible for Company paid benefits.
- Upon completion of mentorship, you will be assigned your own truck and be paid at our regular Company Driver rates and be eligible to receive attainable bonuses and pay increases for your continued service.
Hyndman New Driver Training Program
We are no longer accepting students to our New Driver Training Program. The Hyndman Training Centre now focuses solely on our Driver Experience Building Program. We provide evaluation, training, mentorship and experience for those drives who recently obtained their commercial driver’s licence or for those returning to a career in trucking without recent AZ experience.